"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Friday, July 1, 2011

Chive Dressing

I made this dressing tonight and served in on some of Jeanne's fresh baby greens out of the garden; it was awesome.  A very light, fresh note to some of the peppery arugula and herbs we mixed together with the baby lettuces.  It would also work well as a dip for a crudite or grilled vegetables.

3 Tbsp. minced fresh chives
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. dijon mustard
1 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
2 tsp. fresh lemon  juice
3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
3 Tbsp. Olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste

I make my dressings in a measuring cup that has a 2 cup capacity.  I just put all the ingredients in except the salt and pepper and then use a wand burr mixer to emulsify the dressing.  The last step is to correct the  seasoning with fresh cracked black pepper and salt.  This dressing can be made a day ahead and refrigerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment