"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Watermelon Salsa

I love this one to jazz up fish or chicken, even pork.  It's especially good when the friut and tomatoes are at there best.  Use it with fish tacos for smiles around the table.  Enjoy!

1/4 cup fresh lime juice
3 cups chopped seeded watermelon
1/4 cup diced green pepper
1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, chopped
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup diced tomato
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeño chilies, add more, with the seeds, to taste if you like it hotter, I do!

In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients; toss gently. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Cover and chill.)



No comments:

Post a Comment