"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Sour Cherry Vinaigrette

A terrific dressing for a summer salad.  I am pairing this with a pork tenderloin and it should be excellent.

1 1/2 Cup Tart Cherry Juice
1/3 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
Juice of one Lemon
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon minced shallot
1/2 Cup olive oil
1/2 Cup Salad Oil (I usually use Grape seed oil)
1 Tsp. Dijon Mustard
Salt & Pepper to taste

Please cherry Juice in a saucepan with the shallots and garlic, reduce over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until about ½ cup remains. Let cool.

Pour cherry juice, vinegar and lemon juice in to a large measuring cup (I like to use a 3 cup measuring cup) Add mustard and using a hand blender, blend for thirty seconds.
Add oil very slowly and blend until all is incorporated and you have an emulsified dressing.  Correct seasoning with salt and pepper.  Toss your salad lightly and Enjoy!

Will keep in the refrigerator for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment