- (6) 9- to 10-inch-diameter flour tortillas
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2/3 cup frozen roasted corn kernels, thawed (Trader Joe's)
- 1 small can (4oz) chopped green chiles
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup drained canned diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeño chile
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup favorite salsa
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Heat large skillet over med-high heat. Add oil, let warm to shimmering, add onions. Stir until onions are golden, about 6 minutes. Add garlic, cook for 2 minutes, add cumin and chili powder; stir 20 seconds. Add bell pepper, corn and green chiles; sauté until almost tender, about 5 minutes. Add beans, tomatoes and jalapeño; bring to simmer. Season with salt and pepper. remove from heat.
Warm tortillas in microwave for 15-20 seconds. Place warm tortillas on work surface. Spoon filling down center, dividing equally. Top each with 1 tablespoon cheese. Fold sides of tortillas over filling, forming packages. Turn each package, seam side down into oiled baking tray. Repeat until all are done. Top with salsa and remaining cheese. Place in oven and cook 30 minutes until cheese is melted.
Serve and enjoy.