"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Fran Caldwell's - The Best Ever Standing Rib Roast

Don't ask me why this preparation works so well, it goes against everything I learned in culinary school.  The first time I saw a Rib Roast cooked in this manner, over 20 years ago, I was with the Eiseman's joining Fran and Max Caldwell for Christmas Dinner.   I was sure it wasn't going to work.  To my surprise, it was perfection.  I've used this method ever since and it works every time.  My hat still goes off to Frannie, we think of her every time we make a standing rib!


1 standing rib roast, bone in (over 4.5 lbs.)
Season the roast anyway you like

Preheat oven to 375°F.


Place roast in oven in roasting pan.  Cook 1 hour.  Turn oven off.  Keep the door closed!!  45 minutes before serving turn oven back on to 300°F.


Remove roast from oven, let stand 15 minutes.  Slice and enjoy.  A perfect rare to medium-rare every time!



No comments:

Post a Comment