"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Monday, May 7, 2018

Grilled, Chilled Shrimp with an Adobo Aioli

You can certainly serve these by themselves, just dynamite.  I added the aioli, because I wanted there to be a heat note that I thinks adds to the shrimp.  And, let's face it, it always fun to dip our food into something.  Enjoy!

Shrimp
2# large shrimp (16 to 20 per pound), peeled and deveined
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium yellow onion, small diced
1/4 C. minced fresh parsley
1/4 C. Minced fresh basil
1 tsp dry mustard
2 tsp Dijon mustard
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/4 C. olive oil
1 lemon, juiced

Adobo Aioli:
1/4 C. mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. Chipotle peppers in Adobo
squeeze lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced

Make the aioli by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl.  Reserve in the refrigerator, can be made 3-4 days ahead of time.
 
For the shrimp, combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and allow them to marinate for 1 hour room temperature or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.

Heat grill and brush with oil to prevent sticking.

 Skewer shrimp.  Grill the shrimp for only 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Plate, serve with dipping sauce, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment