"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Thursday, November 8, 2018

The Perfect Roasted Nut

I am using almonds, but any nut can be substituted.  After much experimenting, I found that 15 minutes in my ovens puts a perfect amount of roast to the nuts.  You may want to use less time your first go round and see where they are as your oven maybe different.  Depending on my mood, I have finished these with brown sugar and cayenne, Old Bay, or cinnamon and sugar is nice too around the holidays.  Enjoy! 

1# raw Almonds
1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 1/2 tsp. very hot water
2 Tbsp. Olive oil
Sea salt for tossing
 
 

Heat oven to 375°F.
 
In a small bowl dilute salt in hot water, stir until mostly dissolved. Put almonds in large bowl and coat with salted water, toss to coat evenly. Place baking mat on sheet tray, pour on almonds and arrange in single layer. Place in oven for 8 minutes. Remove,  mix well & put back in oven for an additional 7 minutes.
 
Remove from oven and place in mixing bowl, coat with olive oil and additional salt. Let fully cool in bowl (hot nuts will absorb the oil). Stir in air tight container. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment