"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Friday, January 31, 2020

Restaurant styled Chopped Salad

Last night I put together this salad, which will look like an "everything but the kitchen sink", but it was awesome (if I should say so myself).  I topped it with a  piece of beautifully seared Salmon, delish!! But, you could serve on it's own or any other protein that strikes your fancy.  Be creative and have fun with it, remember it's just salad people!  


Salad mix
2 C. Romain lettuce
2 C. Red leaf lettuce
1/3 C. each of the following;
Red onion, small dice
Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
Pepperoncini’s, stemmed and sliced
Sunflower seeds
French’s fried onions
Cannellini beans, drained and washed
Grape tomatoes, halved
canned beets, small diced
canned artichokes, sliced
Mushrooms, small diced
Fuji Apple, small diced

Dressing
¼ C. rice wine vinegar
Juice of halve fresh Lemon
2 Tbsp. Honey
1 Tbsp. Capers
1 clove Garlic
1 Tbsp. fresh Parsley
1 Tsp. Oregano
1 Tsp. Dill
1 green onion
2 Tsp. Dijon mustard
¼ C. Olive oil
½ C. Vegetable oil
S&P to taste

Garnish
Parmesan cheese, finely grated
Green onion, sliced thinly


Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender or large measuring cup, if using a wand mixer.  Process until emulsified and smooth.  Taste and correct seasoning.

Wash lettuces with very cold water and spin dry, chop to desired size.  Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add other salad ingredients.  Drizzle desired amount of dressing on salad mix and mix well. Plate portions in large bowls and top with Parmesan cheese and green onion (I like lots of fresh ground black pepper).  Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment