"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Baby Arugula Salad with Creamy Honey-Dijon Dressing

This salad is one of my favorites.   It just says "spring has arrived" to me.  It works really great with asparagus as well.  I sometimes add a measure of lemon zest to this just to bump it up.
Dressing:
1/4 C. White wine vinegar
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 Tbsp. minced shallot
2 Tbsp. Honey
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/3 C. Olive oil
1-2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
water (to thin to desired consistency)
kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste

Combine all ingredients in a 2 C. measuring cup and mix with a wand burr mixer.  Correct seasoning with salt and pepper.  Adjust consistency with water.

Salad:
4 C. arugula, washed and spun dry
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped finely
1/4 red onion, sliced very thinly
1/2 C. chickpeas
3/4 C. grape tomatoes
Shaved Parmesan cheese, to taste

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and toss with dressing.  Top with extra cheese and fresh cracked black pepper, serve and Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment