"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Guacamole

Without a doubt, this is one of my favorite side dishes.  Its a snap to put together and always a crowd pleaser.  It's essential that the avocados and tomatoes are ripe.

2 Hass Avocados
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
juice from 1 lime
1/4 medium white onion, chopped finely
fresh cilantro, chopped fine (to taste)
2 Tbsp. Olive oil
salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
optional - jalapeño pepper, minced, to taste

Remove pit from the avocados and spoon flesh into a medium mixing bowl.  Discard pit and skin.  Add lime juice to avacado.  With a fork slightly mash the avocado to desired consistency. (I prefer my guac. a little chunky)  

To the avocado add tomato, garlic, onions, and cilantro.  Drizzle in oil and season with salt and pepper.  Mix, serve, and enjoy!!  (Can be made 2-3 hours ahead of time, covered and chilled).

No comments:

Post a Comment