"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pancetta Crisps with Goat Cheese and Figs

This is a fantastic play on a classic combination of savory and sweet.  I love to make these for a cocktail party or the starter for dinner.  These are just great anytime.

12 thin slices pancetta
12 arugula leaves
12 tsp. soft fresh goat cheese
Fig jam or preserves
6 fresh figs, halved
Chopped fresh thyme

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Place pancetta in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.  Bake until crisp, 12-15 minutes.  Cool 15 minutes.  Transfer to platter.  Top each slice with one arugula leaf, 1 tsp. goat cheese, 1/4 tsp jam and top with one fig slice.  Sprinkle with thyme and freshly ground black pepper.  Serve and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment