"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Romanian Hamburgers


My good friend, Cornelia, shared this authentic Romanian recipe with me and it is fantastic.  She was having this lavish garden party that we were unable to attend due to travel.  But, gave me this gem of a recipe, so I feel like a total winner.  It's perfect for a summer grill or anytime you want to feel like your on a European Holiday, right at home.  You're going to love it

5 lb ground pork
4 lb ground beef chuck
1 lb ground lamb
5 teaspoons ground pepper (or to taste)
5 tablespoons paprika
6 teaspoons salt
4 teaspoons baking soda
½ lb garlic (crushed)
1 cup oil
2 tablespoons ground summer savory (we call it “cimbru”, you can find it at Mac’s Deli on 15 mile and Ryan)
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 x 14 oz beef broth
2 x 12 oz club soda

Mix all well, let it stand overnight then make the hamburgers the next day (we make them in the shape of small sausages, only without casing). They can be frozen, put on the grill partially frozen.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment