"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Grilled Chicken Tacos

When the weather turns hot, I turn to one of my favorite region's cuisine; Mexico.  Nothing beats a cold cerveza, good friends, and killer spicy Mexican food.  I'm a sucker for the smells, flavors, and heat.  Not to mention this time of year we never eat inside, everything is on the patio al fresco!   In this recipe I prefer to use chicken thighs.  They're fattier than breasts, which means they're more flavorful; plus, they're less expensive.

Makes 4 servings

1 medium onion, cut into wedges, keeping root intact
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
1 tablespoon cumin seeds, coarsely crushed
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

8 corn tortillas, warmed (for serving)
2 avocados, sliced (for serving)
Charred Tomatillo Salsa Verde (for serving, recipe follows)
Cilantro sprigs, sliced radishes, and lime wedges (for serving)

Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Toss onion, garlic, chicken, cumin, oil, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Grill onion and chicken until cooked through and lightly charred, about 4 minutes per side.

Let chicken rest 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with tortillas, avocados, Charred Tomatillo Salsa Verde, cilantro, radishes, and lime wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment