"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Fiery Tomatillo Salsa

I love Mexican food.  I love the aromas, flavors, the celebration that Latin people put into their cuisine.  I love how the acidic, plays off the earthy and the spicy notes, yum!  This is a great spicy addition to fish, chicken, pork, you name it.  Enjoy and Olé!


 1# tomatillos, husked
 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
 1 teaspoon minced garlic
 1 Serrano chile pepper, minced (I usually do more, I love the heat)
 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
 Salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
 2 cups water


Place tomatillos, onion, garlic, and chile pepper into a saucepan. Season with cilantro, oregano, cumin, and a pinch of salt; add water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the tomatillos are soft, 10 to 15 minutes.

Using a blender, carefully puree the tomatillo mixture in batches until smooth.  Check seasoning and correct with salt and pepper.  Serve and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment