"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

So, here we are again at my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving.  The combination of the 4 "F's"; family, friends, football, and food can't be beat!  I love everything about it; especially gathering around the table, enjoying the company of those you love, sharing conversation and great cuisine.  To my daughter, I'll take this opportunity to say, don't take things to seriously today and don't stress about the meal.  Cook with love and everything will be ok, even if you burn the turkey and have to order in pizza.  Remember, this, as in all holidays, it's about sharing time with the ones you love, slow down, take your head out of your technology, and enjoy the moment.  May you all have a wonderful holiday with your families.

Roasted Corn Purée with Fried Leeks
Turkey two ways-
Brine-Roasted Turkey Breast
& Braised Turkey Legs and Thighs
Wild Mushroom Gravy
Cranberry Sauce with Citrus and Walnuts
Sour Cream and Chive Mashed Potatoes
Country Bread Stuffing with Sausage, Currants, and Pecans
Brussels Sprouts with Shallots and Smoked Bacon
English Peas and Pearl Onions, Vermouth Cream
Maple Roasted Carrots with Herbs
Assortment of Holiday Pies with Cinnamon Ice Cream
(Pumpkin, Apple, and Pecan)

No comments:

Post a Comment