"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Monday, July 25, 2016

Mini Meatball Sliders

A friend on Facebook shared this one and I thought what a great way to add a little fun to a party.  It's crazy easy and what a crowd pleaser!!  Certainly you can make all the components from scratch, but I was looking for a fast, easy, delicious party appetizer. I used ready made from Trader Joe's.  This could also be a great week day meal, just add a big salad.  This could work with sausage or stewed eggplant as well.  Pretty much anything that would work with cheese and sauce, works hear.  I know my golf buddy are going to love this one when we meet in a couple weeks for our yearly trip up north!

1 package Hawaiian Sweet dinner rolls
12 ea. small cocktail meatballs (can make your own, I used Trader Joe's)
1/2 C. Marinara Sauce (can make your own, I again used Trader Joe's- told you this can be easy)
1/4 C. Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 C. Mozzarella cheese, shredded (or Italian cheese mix)
1/4 C.butter, melted
1 Tbsp. granulated garlic,
1 Tbsp. dried Basil
Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste.

Preheat oven to 375 F.

Remove dinner rolls as one piece from it's packaging.  Using a serrated knife, cut entire sheet in half horizontally separating the top from bottom.  Reserve bottom piece to the side.  Using a small round cutter punch holes in the center of each bun the size of your meat balls.  Once all 12 are cut, move aside and work on the bottom sheet. 
Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper and place (in one section) the bottom piece of rolls onto the pan.  Sprinkle on the parmesan cheese.  Now, spread the marinara sauce over evenly and top with shredded cheese.  Place the top section of the rolls onto the bottom section.  In each hole place a meatball, gently press each into place.  Combine garlic and basil to melted butter, stir.  Brush onto the sliders, top with salt and pepper.  Place into oven and cook for 12-14 minutes.  Remove once done, slice along precut edges and serve.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment