"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Roasted Beets with Goat Cheese and Walnuts

I love roasted beets and the goat cheese is such a classic go with.  I use latex gloves to handle the beets, so my hands aren't ruby red for the rest of the day.  Enjoy!




Serves 4

6 fresh large beets, peeled, washed and cut into 2” pieces
Good olive oil
A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
1 tsp. fresh thyme
1/4 cup toasted and chopped walnuts
4 ounces of goat cheese, roughly crumbled

Preheat oven to 400°F.

In a medium sized mixing bowl toss beets with olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, salt and black pepper. 

Place on a rimmed baking pan that is lined with parchment paper. Place pan with beets into hot oven and cook for 15 minutes. Remove and using a kitchen spoon turn beets and return to oven for another 10-12 minutes or until beets are cooked all the way through.  Remove from oven and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Add crumbled goat cheese and top with walnuts, serve and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to the staff at this place for making our event so enjoyable and if I ever get married. I know where to go! Great job all of you. Price was not too bad, considering the quality of food and beverages. Everything at this event space Chicago was excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. MaxGoat ElonMusk

    ReplyDelete