"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017

Ahh, once again we are at my favorite holiday; nothing beats it.  I find there is something magical about getting into the kitchen with family and friends (yes, at my house we all join in) and cooking a terrific meal together.  Then, sitting down around the table with a few more (many) bottles of great wine and having a really long dinner with tons of conversation, laughs, and reflection on why we are so fortunate to have the love of those that mean so much to us.  It is truly a special time and I love it!

This year we are going with very simple appetizers, but crowd favorites.  A dry brined bird, which Kim will expertly roast off in the oven. And, yes you do see Tator Tots on the menu(Ore-ida brand and they will go for a swim in the fryer to get that perfect crunch).  Many favorite sides and  lastly, not one, but two pies- both classics.  Enjoy!!


Appetizers –
Homemade Guacamole and Salsa
Warm Tortilla chips

Charcuterie board-
Serrano Ham
Manchego cheese
Fig spread
Kim’s Sweet and Sour Pickles

Dinner –
Brined and Roasted Whole Turkey
Pan Gravy
Balsamic Glazed Caramelized Shallots
Cranberry Sauce with Orange and Walnuts
Sausage and Herb Dressing
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Tator Tots with Spicy Ketchup
Maple Glazed Root Vegetables
Parmesan and Bacon Green Beans
Skillet Apple Pie, Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Warm Pumpkin Pie with Cinnamon Whipped Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment