"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Kiawah Island Dressing

OK, you got me.  Yes, I am stealing the name of this dressing from the popular salad dressing at J. Alexander's.  This dressing is just a Thousand Island dressing with, I think, a cooler name.  It sounded good so, here is how I'd make it.

1 small clove garlic, minced
1 C. prepared mayonnaise
1/3 C. bottled chili sauce
3 Tbsp. ketchup
2 Tbsp. minced onions
3 tsp. sweet pickle relish
2 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 large egg, hard cooked and chopped fine
Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste

First, make a paste with the garlic glove.  Do this by sprinkling some kosher salt over the clove on a cutting board.  With the side of your chef's knife crush it until a paste forms.  In a medium bowl whisk the garlic and the rest of the ingredients together, correct seasoning with salt and pepper.  You can adjust the consistency with a small amount of cold water, if you like your dressing a little thinner.  Dressing will hold 3-4 days covered in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment