"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thanksgiving Menu



Nine days to the big day!  My favorite Holiday meal, Thanksgiving!!  The last couple of years we have very graciously been guests of dear friends and their family.  This proved to be a welcome change from the years of journeying back east to Connecticut, where we shared the Holiday with Jeanne's family.  As terrific as those visits were, the twenty-five (sometimes more) for Thanksgiving dinner, four days of running around and a 1,500 mile round trip proved to be less than relaxing.  

This year I'm hosting dinner at our house for a very manageable six.   After much thought, I've decided to go pretty traditional.  A soup starter, served in an antique tea service, and all the hits. And, since I couldn't decide on which pie to serve for dessert, I'll be doing all of my favorites.  Heck, it's only once a year, so why not go for it.  In the immortal words of Dolly Parton, "Go big or go home!"

Roasted Corn Purée with Fried Leeks
Herb Roasted Turkey with Wild Mushroom Gravy
Cranberry Sauce
Sour Cream and Chive Mashed Potatoes
Country Bread Stuffing with Sausage, Currants, and Pecans
Brussels Sprouts with Shallots and Salt Pork
English Peas with Pearl Onions, Vermouth Cream
Carrots Scented with Curry and Brown Sugar
Assortment of Holiday Pies (oh yeah, with lots of ice cream, of course)
(Pumpkin, Apple, and Pecan)

No comments:

Post a Comment