"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Roasted Jalapeño Hot Sauce

With the help from my lovely wife and her exceptionally grown jalapeños, I took her bounty and created a sauce that is very addicting.  Terrific by itself on tortilla chips or a great complement to meats, fish, and eggs or anything you want to add a zip to.

Makes 2 cups

24 Jalapeños
1 shallot, peeled
5 cloves of garlic, peeled
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 c. Rice vinegar
3/4 c. Apple vinegar
1/2 c. Water
3 Tbsp. Grape seed oil
Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper

Heat grill to hot.  Put peppers in a small bowl and add one Tbsp oil, coat well.  Put peppers on the hot grill.  Char skins very well, they will turn black, about 10-12 minutes.  Remove and return to the bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 10 minutes.  Wearing latex gloves, pull the stem and skin off of each pepper.  Put peppers, shallot, and garlic in cuisinart and purée.  Add lime juice, vinegars, and water.  Mix well.  Slowly add remaining oil to mixture while cuisinart is running.  Season with salt and pepper. Serve and Enjoy!

*If desired to increase the heat, I've added drops of habanero sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment