"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Shallot Jam

This jam can be served with so many things.  I recently paired it with grilled Salmon that I seasoned with Old Bay.  The sweet of the shallots played nicely with the cayenne in the seasoning.  This goes great with turkey and chicken breast.  It also plays nicely with a grilled steak.  Play around with it, but be careful, it is addicting.

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 large shallots, thinly sliced
3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
kosher salt

In a skillet, heat the oil. Add the shallots and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, 10 minutes. Add the vinegar and sugar and cook until thick and jam-like, 5 minutes. Season with salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment