"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Paleo Brownies

Jeanne found this recipe at Elana's Pantry and I was excited to give them a try.  The result was really stunning.  Great cake-like texture and fabulous rich chocolate flavors.  I increased the sugar from a teaspoon to heaping tablespoon, the first batch I made wasn't sweet enough to marry with the richness of the cocoa.  I also made a couple of substitutions.  Not messing with the coconut oil, I substituted vegetable oil and instead of the stevia, used sugar.  In addition, I added 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract.

Makes 16 brownies

1 cup blanched almond flour
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
4 ounces baking chocolate (100% cacao), chopped
7 Medjool dates (1/2-2/3 cup) pits removed, rough chop
3 large eggs
½ cup vegetable oil
1 heaping tablespoon spoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350° F.

In a food processor, pulse together almond flour, salt and baking soda.  Pulse in dark chocolate until the texture of coarse sand.  Pulse in dates until the texture of coarse sand, pulse in eggs.  Pulse in oil, sugar, and extract until mixture is smooth.

Transfer mixture to a greased 8 x 8 inch baking dish.  Mixture will be very thick, smooth with a spatula.  Place in hot oven and bake for 18-22 minutes.  Cool for 2 hours, then serve and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment