"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Roasted Jicama

This is a really great substitute for potatoes.  It's a little sweet and nutty, I just love it.  Serve as you would potato just with a whole lot less carbs and calories.

2 cups jicama, skin removed and cut into 1 inch cubes
1 small onion, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced finely
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon parsley
Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste


Preheat oven to 400° F.

Toss all ingredients together. Spread single layer on a baking pan. Put pan into hot oven and cook for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.  Remove, serve hot and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment