"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Sunday, January 4, 2015

It's a New Year, time to reinvent by getting back to the basics

Happy New Year to all!  I'm back from a terrific vacation and raring to start 2015 with healthy, energetic, delicious fare.
Over the last half of 2014 my wife and I had been following Lyn-Genet Recitas', "The Plan" with great success.  The basis of "The Plan" is that everyone's body chemistry is different and each of us will react to different foods.  When our bodies react negatively to the food we eat, we produce inflammation much like when we are injured.  This inflammation is very harmful, leading to weight gain and long term serious health issues.  Recitas' book is a guide to how you can isolate those foods that are uniquely good for you (non-reactive) and avoid those that don't work for you (reactive).
Following this system, I've not only been able to identify those foods that make me feel bad or gain weight, but have dramatically increased my energy and lost 30 pounds!  Since everyone is different, my daughter, my wife and I all have composed individual lists of what we can eat and what we need to avoid.  Thankfully, there are many, many foods we all can have, so preparing meals in our house is still pretty simple.
We are starting '15 (Monday) with the first three day cleanse described in her book to reset our bodies as we start the New Year.  I am excited going into the year with a plan that is super healthy, makes me feel great, and will get me to my goal weight. (205- 15 pounds away!)


Saturday-
Dinner out

Sunday-
Pot Roast with Braised Mushrooms
Sautéed Spinach
Parsnip Purée with Green Onions

Monday-
Sautéed Kale with Shiitakes and Vegetables
Grated Carrot and Beet Salad, Pumpkin Seeds

Tuesday-
Sautéed Kale with Shiitakes and Vegetables
Basmati Rice with Pumpkin Seeds
Beet and Carrot Salad with Sunflower Seeds

Wednesday-
Grilled Chicken with Rosemary and Lemon
Oven Roasted Vegetables with Orange Oil

Thursday-
Butternut Squash Curry
Jasmine Rice

Friday-
Grilled Salmon with Lemon and Dill
Baby Romaine Salad with Avocado and Citrus Vinaigrette

No comments:

Post a Comment