"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Grilled Turkey Burgers with a Sun-dried tomato Aioli

Burgers:
1# ground turkey
1/2 small onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. fresh chopped thyme
1 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
Salt and pepper, to taste

Aioli:
2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
2 tsp. sun-dried tomatoes, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. dijon mustard
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice

To make the Aioli, mix all ingredients in a small bowl and reserve.

To make burgers;

If making thick burgers I like to finish in a 400 degree oven so I don't over-char the outsides while leaving the middle under done.   If making thin burgers you can skip the oven.

Place a small pan over med-high heat with a small amount of olive oil in it.  Once hot, quickly saute the onions and garlic.  Put turkey meat in a large bowl, add onion mixture and the rest of the ingredients for the burgers.  Mix thoroughly (I like to use latex gloves and get my hands into it).   Make into patties.  Either grill or sear the burgers until fully cooked.  Serve with Aioli and a fresh salad of baby greens and fresh tomatoes.  Any way you enjoy burgers will work with these.

No comments:

Post a Comment