"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Shredded Barbecued Beef Sandwiches

3# beef chuck shoulder
2 C. ketchup
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 C. cider vinegar
1/4 C. dark molasses
2 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
potato bread rolls or any soft bun (I've used pretzel rolls before that were amazing.)

Cut roast in half and place in crock pot.  Combine all other ingredients in large bowl and then pour mixture over the beef.  Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours.

Let beef cool a little so you can handle it.  Pull it with two forks or with your hands.  Serve on the buns with extra bbq sauce and pickle slices.  I also like to serve this with cole slaw.

Can be made 2 days in advance, covered with plastic and chilled.  Just reheat and serve with extra bbq sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment