"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Pear, Prosciutto & Ricotta Crostini

What a fantastic combination, very Italian and easy to make.  During the summer when I can get ahold of ripe peaches, I substitute for the pears.

Good extra-virgin olive oil
12 slices ciabatta bread
1 ripe Anjou pear, thinly sliced
12 oz. ricotta cheese
6 slices of prosciutto, torn into pieces
Freshly ground black pepper
Honey for drizzling

Drizzle each slice of ciabatta with olive oil and grill to golden brown.  Spoon about 1 oz. of ricotta onto each slice of toast.  Sprinkle with pepper and drape a few slices over the ricotta on each.  Drizzle each with honey and top with 2 slices of pear.  Serve and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment