"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Standing Rack of Pork in a Goat Cheese and Dijon Crust

So, one of my golf buddies told me for his birthday he was preparing a standing rack of pork.  He wanted to know if I had any recipes or techniques to share.  It got me thinking and I remembered a preparation I did while working in California.  The below recipe was done using a rack of lamb and is scrumptious.  I figure what's good for the lamb, is good for the pig!

1 rack of pork
olive oil
1 shallot, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. parsley, minced
1tsp. fresh thyme, minced
3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
8oz. Mild goat cheese at room temperature (use a French cheese, not middle eastern varieties as they are too strong in flavor)
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  

In a small bowl combine the mustard, shallot, garlic, thyme, and parsley.  In another large bowl put the breadcrumbs.  

Season the pork with salt and pepper, over a very hot grill (or skillet) sear all sides brown.  Remove from heat and spread mustard mixture over pork, not the bones.  On the meat side of the rack spread the goat cheese.  Holding the rack by the bones dip into the bread crumbs and gently press crumbs onto all sides of the pork.  Wrap bones with aluminum foil (prevents burning), then place rack on a greased (Pam works best) sheet pan.  Drizzle with olive oil and place into hot oven.  Cook until pork is 155 degrees internal (20-25 minutes per pound).  Remove and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment