"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Flourless Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies


In our search for wheat-free dessert alternatives my wife found this excellent recipe in a 1999 Bon Appétit.  They are terrific and super easy to make (the reason my wife loves to make them.

1 cup super chunky peanut butter
1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips (about 3 oz.)

Preheat oven to 350°F. 

Mix first 5 ingredients in medium bowl. Mix in chocolate chips. Using moistened hands, form generous 1 tablespoon dough for each cookie into ball. Arrange on 2 ungreased baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.

Bake cookies until puffed, golden on bottom and still soft to touch in center, about 12 minutes. Cool on sheets 5 minutes. Transfer to racks; cool completely.  Serve and Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment