"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Roasted Broccoli and Sage

Yesterday I was thinking of a different way to do broccoli.  I just didn't feel like steaming it or tossing it with some type of compound butter.  I actually was thinking of doing brussels sprouts, which is why I ended up roasted these.  I saw some left-over sage in the refrigerator and a red onion and threw this together. It's really excellent and roasting the mixture made the broccoli  crispy and nutty.  I served it with some sliced NY strip with herb butter and a baked potato.


 1 large broccoli, cut into florets
 1/2 red onion, sliced
 8 fresh sage leaves, torn
 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
 Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste

This will make 4 servings.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Spread broccoli in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Layer onion and sage leaves over broccoli; drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle salt, garlic powder, and black pepper over broccoli mixture; toss to coat.

Roast in the preheated oven until broccoli is browned and crisp, 20 to 30 minutes.  Serve and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment