"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Broiled Fillet of Salmon with Oriental Horseradish Crust

This ones a funny story.  It's a recipe born in the moment, pulled out of the hat.  I started out thinking I would make something that combined salmon with washbi, make a crust on the fish, serve with steamed rice and vegetables.  I was positive that I had washbi powder in the house, but was mistaken and the following was just what I threw together.  It got raved reviews from both the 13 year old and the perpetual 29 year old in the house.


1-2# Salmon fillet, skinned an deboned
1/4 C. Panko bread crumbs
1 Tbsp. olive oil

Marinade-
1 tsp. fresh ginger minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp. green onion, sliced thinly
1 tbsp. mayonnaise
1 tsp. ground fresh chili paste
1 tbsp. prepared horseradish
1 tsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. hoisin sauce
a couple of drops sesame seed oil
squeeze of fresh lemon juice
kosher salt and cracked black pepper, to taste

Preheat broiler to high.

In a medium bowl combine all marinade ingredients.  Place fish skin side down on a greased 1/4 baking sheet.  Spoon 1/2 of marinade over the top of fillet making sure all sides are coated.  Cover loosely with plastic and place in the refrigerator, let sit for a minimum of 30 minutes.

Remove from refrigerator and sprinkle the top of the fish with panko bread crumbs, drizzle with oil and place fish under the broiler.   Cook until top turns golden brown and fish is medium rare 6-7 minutes (this will vary with thickness of fish).  Let rest 3-5 minutes.  Serve and enjoy!

I served this with spring onion and ginger rice, stir fried vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment