"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hummus

I love to make my own Hummus.  It's so easy and tastes so much better than you can buy in the store.  This makes a terrific dip served with warm flat bread or it makes a great substitute for mayonnaise on a sandwich.


1 large clove garlic
1 15 oz can chick peas
1/4 c. tahini
1/2 c. olive oil
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. paprika
juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp. warm water
salt and pepper to taste

Start your food processor and drop the garlic clove into the bowl and mince.  Stop and scrap down.  Add chick peas and tahini, process to a paste.  Add lemon juice and water.  Mix until smooth.  While processor is running slowly drizzle oil into mixture and emulsify.  Add spices, salt and pepper to taste.  Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment