"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Rib Eye Steak with Olive Vinaigrette

Olive Vinaigrette-
1 C. black olives
1 clove garlic
3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
3 tbsp. olive oil
3 tbsp. vegetable oil
salt and pepper, to taste

Steak-
Rib eye
1 Tbsp. Herbs de Provence ( typically made of mixing thyme, fennel, rosemary, oregano, savory, tarragon, mint, marjoram, and chervil.  In France this is made with fresh herbs and used by the handful.  Dried is how I use it or I use some of the herbs from Jeanne's garden to substitute)
salt & pepper, to taste

Start food processor or blender and drop clove of garlic in to mince.  Stop and scrap down bowl.  Add olives and vinegar.  Puree mixture.  While processor is running, drizzle oils into mixture to make emulsion.  Should be pretty thick. Season with salt and pepper, reserve.

Preheat grill.  Season steak with herbs, salt and pepper.  Grill steak (I like med-rare).  Let rest for 10 minutes, slice on platter and drizzle vinaigrette over the meat.  Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment