"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

"What's for Dinner?!" I'm always thinking about it, thought I'd share.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Apple and Onion Slaw

I recently made this to go with pulled pork, but it would go nicely with either chicken, turkey, grilled salmon, or roasted pork as well.


2 Honeycrisp Apples
1 med. Carrot
2 large shallots, sliced thin
2 Tbsp. Butter
1 Tbsp. Honey
Juice of 1 Lemon
2 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
Salt

Peel and shred apples and carrot with a box grater.  Transfer to a bowl and add lemon juice, mix well.  Over med-high flame, heat saute pan.  Add butter and melt.  Add shallots and cook to soft, translucent and just starting to color, about 5-6 minutes .  Add honey, cook 1 minute.  Add vinegar and reduce by half.  Add apple mixture and toss well.  Cook until apples are just starting to soften, 3-4 minutes.  Adjust seasoning with salt.  Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment